We are excited to take a look at April’s Cliveden House wedding of Kate and Jamie. We spoke to Paula for the inside details on their special day ahead of our ‘Real Weddings’ journal collection coming soon.
Kate and Jamie decided upon a collection of bespoke, elegant, statement designs in classic shades of cream and green. The opulent and timeless look resembled the grandiose setting of Cliveden House. Blooms decorated throughout The Great Hall and French Dining Room were an array of orchids, avalanche roses, o’hara roses, peonies, lily of the valley, hydrangea, delphinium, eucalyptus, salal and other foliage.
The fireplace floral installation in The Great Hall was dressed like it had never been before; it was the key feature that guests would focus on while Kate and Jamie took their vows, and Paula was thrilled with the huge challenge it gave her. It was extremely important that Paula’s team worked to a tight itinerary throughout the day as there were a lot of rooms at Cliveden House that required their close attention. A whooping 3000 roses and 2000 orchids heads completely transformed each space and evoked Paula’s hallmark touch.
Watching beautiful Kate walk down the sweeping staircase of Cliveden House to meet her Dad at the bottom was what fairy tales are made of! Another show stopper statement from their special day came in the form of our floral fireplace installation; it was what guests faced as Kate and Jamie said their vows in front of their family and friends. This multi functional, unrivaled design was later used as The Function Band’s backdrop with the couples initials set above for the evening wedding reception.
MEET THE TEAM
- Cliveden House | The Grade 1 listed building was the setting of Kate and Jamie’s wonderful day. You cannot escape the history of the 350 years old stately home; every inch of the house is covered in intricate details that enriched Kate and Jamie’s own love story. Katie and Jamie were an extremely relaxed couple who took time to savour the fine moments of their memorable day in this illustrious setting. Our dear friend Lydia at Cliveden
- House knows what it takes to make a big day unforgettable for everyone and executed the planning with professionalism, and lots of fun!
- The Function Band | We loved working closely with The Function Band to make Kate and Jamie’s wedding a huge success. The Function Band brought an amazing amount of soul to the entire day; you couldn’t hold guests back from taking to the dance floor as the evening reception began.
- Guy Hearn Photography | Working with Guy was a complete pleasure. Guy’s approach to wedding photography is unique; he is able to capture rare moments throughout the day without losing the Bride and Groom’s true character. He reaches the core of a couples loving journey without fuss and produces natural photographs!
- Unique Cakes by Yevnig | Yevnig listens to a couples journey before creating the most decadent wedding cakes that are fit for occasions as grand as Kate and Jamie’s special day. Yevnig’s artistic designs and flavours reflect her vibrant Mediterranean upbringing! The couple’s cake was stunning and on display for all guests to see before entering the dining room. The colours of their wedding cake complimented the antique gold trimmed walls of Cliveden House.
- Duchess & Butler | Duchess & Butler’s table decor was stunning. The couple had selected gold trimmed tableware in keeping with the wedding cake and venue’s authentic colour schemes.
- Intricate Creations | Guests were met at their table with a gold name card and menu; this was striking and could be noticed from the moment you entered the dining room. Intricate Creations make anything possible and certainly made Kate and Jamie’s invitations, place cards and menu’s look like individual masterpieces!
- Covert Hire | Covert supplied the most stunning glassware for the evening tables. The array of polished crystal glasses complimented the hanging chandeliers in The French Dining Room.
WITH SPECIAL THANKS
Paula’s team set off for Cliveden House before sunrise on Saturday. As always, Paula’s team worked tirelessly to make the floral installations perfect. Cliveden House was a dream to work at as the historical building was a muse in itself; to see the floral designs comes to life was a spectacular vision.
Paula’s favourite part of the day was when the married couple entered the reception room to the vocals of The Function Band; it was a one of a kind entrance and set the tone for what was still to come. Guests followed the beaming couple, to what could only be described as, their personal wedding soundtrack. The outstanding venue, production company and our creative collaborators all played their special role in making it one to remember. Keep your eyes peeled for more on Kate and Jamie’s decadent wedding when photographs are published by Guy Hearn Photography.
Are you a beaming bride-to-be and wish to chat about bringing your wedding vision alive to perfectly fit your wedding venue? Call us today for a free 30 minute Skype or telephone consultation with Paula.